Newrest is recruiting a Purchasing Manager for its subsidiaries in South America.
You are managing the Purchasing Department for all units of subsidiaries, reporting directly to the Country Manager.
To lead and manage the supply chain function (end-to-end) of all business activities to achieve the company’s procurement goals, which deliver the highest quality, reliability and develop strong business relationships and strategic alliances.
To be responsible for the procurement of commodities through the development and implementation of commodity strategies plans and the management of supplier relationship. Other areas of responsibility include price negotiation, planning, inventory control, import processes.
- Manage all purchasing functions including Purchase Order Processing, delivery arrangements, record maintenance and reports
- Assisting the Supply Chain department in data entry, maintaining and entering purchase order
- Maintaining and compiling purchase reports and working with accounts payable regarding supplier and vendor invoices
- Responsible for cost variance and price reporting, special purchasing projects and analysis
- Processing and expediting order a needed and replenishing standard stock items
- Analyse, identify and communicate information regarding purchase order
- Identify, investigate and resolve purchase related issues
- Assist Supply Chain Manager with gathering price information for quotations
- Maintain effective stock control, rotations and levels and cost saving
- Motivated and high stress tolerances
- Master degree in Purchasing and Logistic
- HACCP awareness and training
- Supply management qualifications
- 5 years’ experience minimum in a similar function in Purchasing in retail or catering
- Previous experience in the field of catering or agrifood preferred
- Excellent computers skills (Office Suite)
- Decision Making
- Negotiating and Networking
- Finance and Budgeting
- English and Spanish fluent, French is a plus
CONTRACT: Permanent contract - Starting date as soon as possible
LOCATION: Position located in South America
SALARY: Depending on experience and profile
With origins in Group Catair in 1996, and founded by its Co-CEO’s Olivier Sadran and Jonathan Stent-Torriani, Newrest is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments including airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail.
With 2017 revenues under management of almost 1.8 Billion Euros and more than 30,800 employees world-wide in 49 countries, Newrest is also the first largest ‘independent’ airline caterer world-wide.
Newrest is committed to constant improvement and innovation for its clients, the well-being and progress of its employees and managers, a sustainable and durable development of the company, and total respect of social and environmental values in all of its activities.