We have an exciting opportunity that has arisen at our Newrest Edinburgh unit for the position of a Deputy Unit Duty Manager to support our development.
- Work with the unit manager to implement the company's policies
- Demonstration of strong and calm approach to management of staff and subordinates in all areas
- Lead and manage all departments in the unit such as Food Production, Transportation, Equipment Processing, Stores/Warehouse, Dish-room, Quality Assurance, and all other related departments to ensure production standards and customer service requirements are met
- Ensure customer, specifications and service requirements are complied with on all airline accounts. This includes production processing, on-time performance, equipment inventory, and quality assurance controls
- Monitor all menu cycles to ensure customer service and satisfaction is not interrupted. Ensure that proper equipment is maintained and controlled in the Unit for operation excellence
- Manage operation staff on a day-to-day basis to exceed set targets
- Support, assist and develop lean and quality initiatives to achieve operational efficiencies
- Monitor all training programs that are required to be conducted to ensure adherence to all Newrest policies and procedures
- Support and ensure compliance to all customer, internal and external audit requirements
- Ensure all annual performance evaluations of staff
- Maintain customer communication with all airline representatives to ensure all requests, investigations, and or related issues are concluded to the satisfaction of the customer and Newrest standards
- Ensures the security of the facility by monitoring and maintaining existing protocols
- Responsible for setting, monitoring and improving a key performance metrics for the unit
- Promote and drive Continuous Improvements
- Be both analytical and business minded to compile effective business plans and solutions
- Prioritise workloads to ensure duties are carried out in a timely manner
- Work on own initiative working at pace and with a high level of accuracy always
- Operational awareness, understand of HACCP, COSHH, DDA, Food Hygiene, Health and safety and CAA requirements.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in catering (desirable)
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with multiple departments and customers
- Demonstration of strong but calm approach to management of staff and sub ordinates in all areas
- Act in a Democratic Management style, taking on board others ideas and working to the end goal / target
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Hold a full UK Driving licence.
CONTRACT: Full time starting ASAP
LOCATION: West Edinburgh Business Park, Edinburgh.
SALARY: Dependent on experience
With origins in Group Catair in 1996, and founded by its Co-CEO’s Olivier Sadran and Jonathan Stent-Torriani, Newrest is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments including airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail.
With 2017 revenues under management of almost 1.8 Billion Euros Newrest employs more than 30,800 employees world-wide in 49 countries.
Newrest is committed to constant improvement and innovation for its clients, the well-being and progress of its employees and managers, a sustainable and durable development of the company, and total respect of social and environmental values in all of its activities.