Newrest, a specialist in out-of-home food service, is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments: airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail concession (visit our website : http://www.newrest.eu/en/).
With 2016 revenues under management of 1,693.3 M€ and more than 29,500 employees world-wide in 48 countries, Newrest offers career opportunities worldwide within a Group that is constantly looking for new talents for our numerous subsidiaries spread out on five continents. Join Newrest to participate in an exciting entrepreneurial adventure offering unique career opportunities.
Newrest Canada is currently seeking a DZ Truck Driver to join the vibrant Canadian Head Office. You are an integral member of the Handling team, providing exceptional service support to the Handling department and our distinguished clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Load and unload of all services / merchandise
- Make deliveries on track or any other point of sale respecting delivery times and safety rules
- Check the conformity of the amount of trolleys and cabinets to be delivered before loading
- Fill pre-trip inspection book & perform mandatory safety checks of the vehicle for each shift
- Ensure loading the products into vehicles according to plan galley
- Ensure delivery on time in accordance with the Plans of galley
- Driving a heavy vehicle or light respecting traffic regulations (road and track)
- Secure all products before delivery to the aircraft by sealing material (truck)
- Ensure compliance of loading according to the procedures in place.
- Ensure cleaning of the vehicle and the area around the dock after each shift
- Communicate any malfunction in the hierarchy and regulation
- Fill the various security documents (certificate ...), safety and HACCP
- Train new drivers
- Sort cargo before loading and unloading.
- Unload zone (diving, galley ...)
- Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
- Respect the galley plans
- Respecting traffic regulations and safety requirement
- Observe the proper use of equipment
- Follow the procedures for health, safety and security
- Maintain clean working area, maintain clean loading docks, maintain clean equipment following rules
- Wear the prescribed uniform, safety shoes and equipment necessary to the function while on duty
- Be on time for your shifts
- Being rigorous and reactive
- Be a team player
- Pay attention to your appearance (wear appropriate outfit, adopt professional dressing & attitude to serve clients at your best.
- In absence of the Managers, you are required to follow all instructions from the Dispatchers
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Managers
Qualifications and Skills
- Clean driving record ;
- Valid Driving License : G or D
- Ability to work outdoors and varying temperatures and environments (below 1°F – minus 18°C)
- Ability to pass all required airport security clearance
- Dexterity to lift and maneuver loads (45 lbs+ / 20 kg+)
- Ability to read in English, write in English, speak in English
- Good knowledge of HACCP (training will be provided otherwise)
- Ability to handle pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work mornings, evenings, weekends (depending on assigned shift)
Benefits and Perks
- Health care, professional development and quick career progression.
- Company paid lunch meals and free parking.