Newrest is looking for an experienced Ramp/Logistics Assistant Manager. This individual will have a high probability of becoming the Ramp/Logistics Manager within 3-6 months. This individual will be responsible for overseeing indirectly 50-60 per shift. This individual will ensure that orders are completed in a timely and quality manner by our drivers. This individual will be working alongside drivers and other positions within the department. This is a working manager position.
As a near start-up in the U.S. but years of proven experience world-wide, this individual will need to be a self-starter and have a vision of what is required to take the department to the next level. This individual’s leadership will need to be expert with the ability to develop, train, and hold people accountable through clear expectations.
Supervisory and Management
- Under the supervision of the Handling Manager, the Deputy Handling Manager supervises and manages the work of the employees during the shift
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are followed per Newrest and client’s requirements
- Communicate effectively with all crew members and team members
- Hold team members accountable for all expectations
- Assist Handling Manager with any coaching and/or corrective actions
- Assist with approving and handling questions regarding timecards and pay
- Provide solutions to problems that occur during the transportation, unloading, offloading, or any other process
- Enforce safety processes and legal requirements for transportation and other processes
- Organize regular audits on the runway and set up corrective action plans as appropriate
- Perform maintenance on the fleets and follow up to ensure proper safety maintenance
- Bachelors in Operations Management, Business Management, or related field
- 5-10 years’ experience in manufacturing, logistics, or food industry managing 100+ non-exempt level employees
- Strong leadership experience with experience in start-up or turnaround environments
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate with non-exempt to upper management levels
- Strong understanding of logistics and fleet procedures
- Understanding of lean manufacturing principles and operational processes
- Good knowledge of HACCP & food safety standards
- Aptitude in showing self-initiative and follow-through
- Detail-oriented and ability to see high picture
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel. The employee must also occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The temperature of the environment may fluctuate drastically from very cold to very warm temperatures. The noise level may range from moderate to very loud.
- 100% employer-paid for medical, dental, and vision insurance premium for individual and family coverage
- 100% employer-paid for basic life insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Free company lunch every day
ABOUT THE COMPANY
With origins in Group Catair in 1996 and founded by its Co-CEO’s Olivier Sadran and Jonathan Stent-Torriani, Newrest is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments including airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail.
With 2017 revenues under management of almost 1.8 Billion Euros and more than 30,800 employees world-wide in 49 countries, Newrest is also the first largest ‘independent’ airline caterer world-wide.
Newrest is committed to constant improvement and innovation for its clients, the well-being and progress of its employees and managers, a sustainable and durable development of the company, and total respect of social and environmental values in all of its activities.