Newrest at Glance
Newrest, a specialist in out-of-home food service, is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments: airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail concession (visit our website : http://www.newrest.eu/en/).
With 2016 revenues under management of 1,693.3 M€ and more than 30,700 employees world-wide in 48 countries, Newrest offers career opportunities worldwide within a Group that is constantly looking for new talents for our numerous subsidiaries spread out on five continents. Join Newrest to participate in an exciting entrepreneurial adventure offering unique career opportunities.
Newrest in Canada
Our clients are leading airlines companies such as Air Canada Jazz, American Airlines, Aero Mexico, Air France KLM, Saudia Airlines and Ethiopian Airlines. Newrest has 3 major operational units based in Toronto, Montreal & Calgary. These units, specialized in airline catering & buy-on-board are successfully growing and we are looking for new talents to reinforce and develop our business.
Newrest Calgary Corporation
The production unit is based in Calgary, ideally located right next to Calgary International Airport. Our company provides with group health coverage benefits, career opportunities, and modern equipment. We actively promote and consistently apply Quality Assurance, Health & Safety and Food Safety Standards. Newrest is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Our Calgary Unit is a facility were employees feel respected and considered.
Job Summary - Responsibilities
- Have the ability to demonstrate a complete understanding of the required menu
- Measure food ingredients according to portion control guidelines and booklets instructions
- Collect serving plates, dispose food in plates, respecting carefully instructions and booklets guidelines
- Assist in setting up and serving of special meals
- Place racks of products in cooling tunnel or any other dedicated waiting area
- Complete defined production schedule as assigned by Team-Lead, Lead-Hand or Manager
- Edit and organize labels outside & inside for the scheduled production of the day
- Perform proper food packaging / storing based on safety requirements and customers instructions
- Tag every rack in the production according to company’s standards & processes
- Ensure that left over ingredients and packaging material are properly labelled and returned in the dry storage, cooler or packaging material storage
- Bring ingredients or packaging material from the warehouse / fridge / waiting area
- Ensure proper and timely recording of activities, report any unsanitary practice / unsafe condition
- Set up equipment, maintain clean workstation, ensure sanitation before shift / before leaving
- Make sure racks are properly identified, wrapped and moved away from chemicals / hazardous substances, respect all food safety, health & safety, company rules & standards
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to stand for long periods & to work in cold rooms for extended periods (below 50°F - 10°C)
- Ability to read in English, write in English, speak in English
- Good knowledge of HACCP is an asset (training will be provided otherwise)
- Attendance, diligence, punctuality, reliability
- Ability to work mornings, evenings, weekends (depending on assigned shift)
The unit is accessible 24/7 by Calgary transit. However, it would be much more convenient for candidates to commute with their personal car.
How to Apply:
- Come to our Unit to meet with the Manager (every weekday, from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm). The unit is located : 31-47 Aero Drive NE T2E 8Z9 Calgary, Canada
- Phone : 403.275.5356
- Send CV online here : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide full name, email address, phone number, postal address on the CV
- Mention job opportunity reference # : YYC – Plating
Job opportunity open on : March 15, 2019
Deadline for application : March 29, 2019
Number of available positions : 1
Salary rate : $15 / hour
Type of contract : Permanent Part-time – 16 hours a week - Shift : 7.00 am to 3.pm – Saturday/Sunday
Starting date : As soon as possible
Successful candidates will be required to provide photo ID, banking details, and valid SIN # for hiring process.