With origins in Group Catair in 1996 and founded by its Co-CEO’s Olivier Sadran and Jonathan Stent-Torriani, Newrest is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments including airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail.
With revenues under management of almost 1.9 Billion Euros in 2017-18 and 32,000 employees world-wide in 49 countries, Newrest is also the first largest ‘independent’ airline caterer world-wide.
At year end closing 2018 (September) Newrest is 94,58% management-owned, with its managers holding its capital (340 managers). The remaining capital is held by Private Equity Funds (3,5%) and Private Investors (1,92%).
Newrest is committed to constant improvement and innovation for its clients, the well-being and progress of its employees and managers, a sustainable and durable development of the company, and total respect of social and environmental values in all of its activities.
Food Service Worker – Cold kitchen Helper – Responsibilities:
- Have the ability to demonstrate a complete understanding of the required menu.
- Measure food ingredients according to portion control guidelines and booklets instructions.
- Collect serving plates, dispose food in plates, respecting carefully instructions and booklets guidelines.
- Collect trolleys, serving trays, dispose plates in trays, respecting carefully instructions and booklets guidelines.
- Assist in setting up and serving of special meals.
- Place racks of products in cooling tunnel or any other dedicated waiting area.
- Complete defined production schedule as assigned by Team Leader or Manager.
- Edit and organize labels outside & inside for the scheduled production of the day.
- Perform proper food packaging / storing based on safety requirements and customers instructions.
- Tag every rack in the production according to company’s standards & processes.
- Ensure that left over ingredients and packaging material are properly labelled and returned in the dry storage, cooler or packaging material storage.
- Bring ingredients, packaging material & equipment from the coolers / storage / warehouse / dotation / waiting area / dishwashing area.
- Ensure proper and timely recording of activities, report any unsanitary practice / unsafe condition.
- Set up equipment, maintain clean workstation, ensure sanitation before shift / before leaving.
- Make sure racks are properly identified, wrapped and moved away from chemicals / hazardous substances, respect all food safety, health & safety, company rules & standards.
- Performed other duties as assigned.
- Ability to stand for long periods & to work in cold rooms for extended periods (below 50°F - 10°C).
- Ability to read, write and speak in English.
- Good knowledge of HACCP (training will be provided otherwise).
- Attendance, diligence, punctuality, reliability.
- Ideally 1 year experience in a food environment position.
- Ability to handle pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work mornings, evening, weekends (depending on assigned shift).
How to apply :
Send Resume online to : email@example.com with the following information : full name, email address, phone number, postal address (mention job opportunity reference # :
Come to our unit to meet Manager (every weekday, from 8:30AM to 4:30PM) at Unit 31, 47 Aero Drive NE T2E 8Z9
Salary : 15$/hour
Job opportunity open on : April 30th, 2019
Dead line for application : May 20th, 2019
Number of available positions : 3
Type of contract : Temporary full-time and part-time position (Summer activities)