Newrest is looking for General Workers to join our Food Production department. This individual will be responsible for preparing and setting up the airline trays with the appropriate sandwiches, fruits, salads, etc. This person may also be involved with slicing and cutting fruits, vegetables, and other foods. This is a day shift position from 6:30 am to 3 pm and requires working on the weekend. If you show capability and leadership ability, there are many opportunities to move up within the company.
- Load carts / trolleys with platters, dishes, utensils & containers necessary for inflight service
- Have the ability to demonstrate a complete understanding of the required menus
- Collect serving trays, dispose plates in trays, respecting carefully instructions and booklets guidelines
- Ensure all trays are within the frame of the rack, when loading them into trolleys
- Prevent damage to the trolleys by ensuring racks are loaded properly
- Assist in setting up and packaging of special meals / ingredients
- Complete defined packaging schedule as assigned by Team-Lead, Lead-Hand or Manager
- Edit and organize labels outside & inside for the scheduled production of the day
- Perform proper food packaging / storing based on safety requirements and customers instructions
- Tag every rack / trays / trolleys according to company’s standards & processes
- Ensure that left over ingredients and packaging material are properly labelled and returned in the dry storage, cooler or packaging material storage, respect all process control documentations
- Bring trays & packaging material from the warehouse / waiting area
- Ensure proper and timely recording of activities, report any unsanitary practice / unsafe condition
- Make sure trolleys are properly identified, secured and moved away from chemicals / hazardous substances, respect all food safety, health & safety, company rules & standard
- Ability to stand for long periods & to work in cold rooms for extended periods (below 50°F - 10°C)
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Good knowledge of HACCP is an asset (training will be provided otherwise)
- Attendance, diligence, punctuality, reliability is a must
- Free lunch every day
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION: Full-time, long-term, starting asap
LOCATION: 3555 W. Ninigret Drive, Building, Suite 500, Salt Lake City, UT 84104
SALARY: $12 per hour
With origins in Group Catair in 1996 and founded by its Co-CEO’s Olivier Sadran and Jonathan Stent-Torriani, Newrest is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments including airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail.
With revenues under management of almost 1.9 Billion Euros in 2017-18 and 32,000 employees world-wide in 49 countries, Newrest is also the first largest ‘independent’ airline caterer world-wide.
At year end closing 2018 (September) Newrest is 94,58% management-owned, with its managers holding its capital (340 managers). The remaining capital is held by Private Equity Funds (3,5%) and Private Investors (1,92%).
Newrest is committed to constant improvement and innovation for its clients, the well-being and progress of its employees and managers, a sustainable and durable development of the company, and total respect of social and environmental values in all of its activities.