With origins in Group Catair in 1996 and founded by its Co-CEO’s Olivier Sadran and Jonathan Stent-Torriani, Newrest is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments including airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail.
With revenues under management of almost 1.9 Billion Euros in 2017-18 and 32,000 employees world-wide in 49 countries, Newrest is also the first largest ‘independent’ airline caterer world-wide.
At year end closing 2018 (September) Newrest is 94,58% management-owned, with its managers holding its capital (340 managers). The remaining capital is held by Private Equity Funds (3,5%) and Private Investors (1,92%).
Newrest is committed to constant improvement and innovation for its clients, the well-being and progress of its employees and managers, a sustainable and durable development of the company, and total respect of social and environmental values in all of its activities.
Newrest Canada is currently seeking a Human Resources Administrator to join the Canadian Head Office. You are an integral member of the Newrest team, providing exceptional service support to the CFO, Unit Manager and the Employees on all matters related to Employee Relations, Labour relations, and Administration.
- Act as a primary support of employees for all areas of Human Resources
- Assist with all Human Resources functions: HR Administration, Employment law, Labour Relations, Training, Recruitment, Payroll, Benefits, Employee Relations, HR information systems, ect.
- Operate full cycle recruitments for every position levels in the company, including global mobility
- Conduct orientation, create and maintain new hire packages, ensures legislative compliance for on boarding requirements & control work permits validity
- Draft contracts and assist in the preparation of internal HR communications, legal documents, and other business correspondence.
- Act as a resource person to employees, managers and supervisors, with respect to a variety of Human Resources policies and procedures, the application of collective agreements and academic policies and procedures.
- Complete and verify a variety of HR admin forms for contract modifications, promotions, leaves, terminations, retirement, compensation, contracts, transfers, ect.
- Provide reporting to management teams for HR data
- Conduct HR legislation research and legal watch as required by management
- Provide quality HR service to all Canadian Business Units located in Ontario, Quebec, and Alberta
- Work HR sensitive cases with Union Stewards and provide operational support to managers
- Coordinate HR projects on-site in Toronto and remotely for Calgary & Montreal
- Manage employees records, handle onboarding for new employees
- Be an active participant in numerous projects
- Review/revise HR documents, policies, procedures, as required by management
- Coordinate with external partners : training organization, benefits companies, payroll service provider, immigration services, workers compensation boards, schools, ect.
- Ensure follow up regarding performance management, probationary period
- Attend Union meetings, provides guidance to managers for Labour Relations needs
- Draft disciplinary letters, and document workplace investigations, assist HR manager in investigations
- Participate in preparation of employee related events.
- Other similar duties as assigned
- Completed Education in Human Resources
- Canadian experience in HR is mandatory (1 – 3 years preferred)
- Experience with full cycle recruitment and with employment law application is required
- Experience with an HR information system is required (desktop software or web based)
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is a strong asset
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills in English both written and verbal
- Bilingual in French is a strong asset (but not mandatory)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (word, excel, powerpoint) and Outlook
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Good knowledge of Labour Relations
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize various tasks and projects
- Exceptional people skills, diplomacy, and a customer service focused attitude
- Attendance, diligence, punctuality, reliability
- Authorized to work in Canada for any employer
The position is based in Mississauga, near Pearson Airport. This site is served by a MiWay and 24/7 Brampton transit bus line, but a personal vehicle is recommended to facilitate the daily commute.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send your resume to email@example.com (reference ENHC – HR Admin)
Type of contract : Permanent Full Time
Starting date : ASAP
Lunch is offered by the company every working day at no cost
Number of available positions: 1
Successful candidate will be required to provide photo ID, banking details, and valid SIN number.