Newrest is looking for a Helper. This individual will help the Driver load the carts on to the trucks and assist the Driver in loading the food carts directly on to the airplane at the Salt Lake City International Airport.
- Load and unload all merchandise
- Go on the ramp with the driver to provide assistance
- Assist the driver in making deliveries on tarmac & other point of sale respecting delivery times
- Comply with all safety rules and company standards
- Check conformity and quantity of trolleys and boxes to be delivered before loading
- Ensure loading of products into vehicles according to galley plans
- Ensure delivery on time, in accordance with the galley plans
- Secure all products before delivery to the aircraft by sealing material (truck)
- Communicate any malfunction to hierarchy and dispatch team
- Fill the various security documents (certificate ...), safety and HACCP
- Move freight, stock, or other materials to and from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, ships, or containers
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs.
- Sort cargo before loading and unloading.
- Verify identifying tags to containers or mark them with identifying information.
- Maintain equipment storage areas to ensure that inventory is protected.
- Record numbers of units handled or moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets.
- Pack containers and re-pack damaged containers.
- Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
- Adjust or replace equipment parts, such as rollers, belts, plugs, or caps, using hand tools.
- Carry needed tools or supplies from storage or trucks and return them after use.
- Attach slings, hooks, or other devices to lift cargo and guide loads.
- Guide loads being lifted to prevent swinging.
- Direct spouts and position receptacles, such as bins, carts, or containers so they can be loaded.
- Shovel material, such as gravel, ice, or snow to make sure equipment is operational
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to work outdoors and varying temperatures and environments (below 1°F – minus 18°C)
- Ability to pass all required airport security clearance
- Dexterity to lift and maneuver loads (45 lbs+ / 20 kg+)
- Ability to read in English, write in English, speak in English
- Good knowledge of HACCP (training will be provided otherwise)
- Ability to handle pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work mornings, evenings, weekends
JOB TYPE: Long term employment, starting date: ASAP
LOCATION: 3555 Ninigret Drive, Suite 600, Salt Lake City, UT 84104
SALARY: $12 / hour
- Free company breakfast and lunch every day
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 100% employer-paid for basic life insurance
With origins in Group Catair in 1996 and founded by its Co-CEO’s Olivier Sadran and Jonathan Stent-Torriani, Newrest is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments including airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail.
With revenues under management of almost 1.9 Billion Euros in 2017-18 and 32,000 employees world-wide in 49 countries, Newrest is also the first largest ‘independent’ airline caterer world-wide.
At year end closing 2018 (September) Newrest is 94,58% management-owned, with its managers holding its capital (340 managers). The remaining capital is held by Private Equity Funds (3,5%) and Private Investors (1,92%).
Newrest is committed to constant improvement and innovation for its clients, the well-being and progress of its employees and managers, a sustainable and durable development of the company, and total respect of social and environmental values in all of its activities.