Newrest is looking for a Production Supervisor in our Production department.
The department consists of preparing cold foods into trays and preparing them for presentation for airline customers at the Salt Lake City airport. On top of leading the department for a shift, this individual will be working alongside production workers and help with maintaining the process flow, quality, and other operational and personnel processes. This is a salaried position that will require working on the weekends.
- Ensure that the area of responsibility is properly flowing, organized, staffed and directed
- Assist the Production Manager in ensuring food is produced and assembled in accordance with FDA, USDA, HACCP and airline specification.
- Assist the Production Manager in ensuring on-time and accurate production and/or catering of all flights;
- Assists the Production Manager in specific training and daily initiatives addressing quality, food safety, and sanitation issues to drive process improvements;
- Conduct work station inspections to verify compliance (USDA, HACCP, OSHA, etc.);Comply with the Production standards, efficiency, waste, overweight, etc.;
- Promote and maintain teamwork among employees.
- Assist the Production Manager in conducting Safety / Production meetings for subordinates
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
- High School Diploma required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar position, preferably in food production
- Knowledge of international cooking, production presentation, menus redaction, processes set up and monitoring, staff training
- Good knowledge of HACCP & food safety standards
- Aptitude in showing self-initiative and follow-through
- Detail-oriented and ability to see high picture
LOCATION: 3555 W. Ninigret Drive, Suite 600, Salt Lake City, UT 84104
- Free breakfast and lunch provided every day
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
SALARY: Depends on experience
With origins in Group Catair in 1996 and founded by its Co-CEO’s Olivier Sadran and Jonathan Stent-Torriani, Newrest is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments including airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail.
With revenues under management of almost 1.9 Billion Euros in 2017-18 and 32,000 employees world-wide in 49 countries, Newrest is also the first largest ‘independent’ airline caterer world-wide.
Newrest is committed to constant improvement and innovation for its clients, the well-being and progress of its employees and managers, a sustainable and durable development of the company, and total respect of social and environmental values in all of its activities.