Newrest is looking for a Quality Manager for its Salt Lake City location.
This individual will be responsible for ensuring all food safety, handling, and processing of food is done in accordance to law and Newrest policy. This individual will also be responsible for maintaining its solid reputation of high food quality and presentation. Although the scopes of responsibility are currently limited to the facility in Salt Lake, this individual may grow in responsibility for other future locations throughout the country as we continue to grow. This is a non-supervisory position.
- Support all customer and regulatory audits, at times, liaises with customers and regulatory agencies;
- Ensure compliance with customer specifications and quality standards (e.g. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), HACCP etc) and follow up with corrective actions if necessary;
- Execute monthly self-assessments on the elements of food safety and executes the required food safety related testing as defined in HACCP plan;
- Manage Quality Engineering projects, including operative supportive functions;
- Lead and monitor improvement projects as assigned;
- Audit implementation of quality system for effectiveness by verifying activities;
- Monitor corrective action system, and the accuracy and compliance of HACCP records as defined in the corporate procedures;
- Reinforce quality awareness to the management and manages the daily activities and task of the sanitation porters (if defined as a responsibility);
- Collect and monitor all quality documents (e.g. Chef Table, portion control, equipment handling, ramp-on time and safety performance);
- Manage continuous improvement projects in quality elements and plays a key role in developing a comprehensive quality management system;
- Implement the quality system detailed in the quality manual, and champions quality improvement efforts and initiates problem solving efforts and assures implementation;
- Drive prevention vs. detection of defects tracking key performance indicators and daily patrol of production areas;
- Maintain customer compliance resolution on defects including alleged food poisoning if needed and ensure optimum business processes to support full customer and regulatory compliance in terms of quality and food safety;
- Continuously improve plant procedures for monitoring and ensuring conformance to specifications for incoming raw materials as well as for finished products;
- Play a key role in training and coaching of quality requirements to all levels in the business unit's organization;
- Participate and support company sponsored initiatives such as Global Quality Standards (GQS), HACCP, Lean Manufacturing, Employee Safety;
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science or Food Safety preferred but not required
- Three to seven years of quality experience
- Business and customer service focused
- Proven understanding of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), FDA, USDA, and HACCP regulations
- Experience and understanding of Total Quality Management and Change Management
- Well-organized, rigorous and methodical but enough adaptability to local constraints
- Good knowledge of HACCP & food safety standards;
LOCATION: 3555 W. Ninigret Drive, Suite 600, Salt Lake City, Utah, 84104
- Free breakfast and lunch provided every day
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Basic life insurance
- Paid holidays
With origins in Group Catair in 1996 and founded by its Co-CEO’s Olivier Sadran and Jonathan Stent-Torriani, Newrest is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments including airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail.
With revenues under management of almost 1.9 Billion Euros in 2017-18 and 32,000 employees world-wide in 49 countries, Newrest is also the first largest ‘independent’ airline caterer world-wide.
Newrest is committed to constant improvement and innovation for its clients, the well-being and progress of its employees and managers, a sustainable and durable development of the company, and total respect of social and environmental values in all of its activities.