Newrest is looking for an experienced Transportation/Logistics Manager. This individual will be responsible for overseeing directly about 100 people. This individual will ensure that orders are completed in a timely and quality manner by our drivers. This is a complex, management position that relies heavily on getting things done through others and providing the oversight and direction for various areas within the department, including drivers, helpers, dispatch, and the fridge unit.
As a near start-up in the U.S. but years of proven experience world-wide, this individual will need to be a self-starter and have a vision of what is required to take the department to the next level. This individual’s leadership will need to be expert with the ability to develop, train, and hold people accountable through clear expectations.
Supervisory and Management
- Supervise and manage the work of all the employees in all areas of the department, including dispatch, drivers, helpers, supervisors, admin staff, and general workers.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are followed per Newrest and client’s requirements
- Communicate effectively with all crew members and team members
- Hold team members accountable for all expectations
- Handle any coaching and/or corrective actions
- Answer questions regarding time cards and pay
Ensure compliance with all government regulatory agencies standards (example: Food and Drug Administration (FDA), United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Environmental Protection Administration (EPA), Department of Transportation (DOT), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), etc.)
- Investigate and complete incidents/accidents documentation
- Observe service operations, ensure all ramp safety, AOA safety, security rules and regulations are followed, and report any violations
- Provide solutions to problems that occur during the transportation, unloading, offloading, or any other process
- Enforce safety processes and legal requirements for transportation and other processes
- Organize regular audits on the runway and set up corrective action plans as appropriate
- Perform maintenance on the fleets and follow up to ensure proper safety maintenance
- Bachelors in Operations, Logistics, Business Management, or related field strongly preferred
- 5-10 years’ experience in manufacturing, logistics, or food industry managing 100+ non-exempt level employees
- Strong leadership experience with experience in start-up or turnaround environments
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate with non-exempt to upper management levels
- Strong understanding of logistics and fleet procedures
- Understanding of lean manufacturing principles and operational processes
- Good knowledge of HACCP & food safety standards
- Aptitude in showing self-initiative and follow-through
- Detail-oriented and ability to see high picture
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel. The employee must also occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The temperature of the environment may fluctuate drastically from very cold to very warm temperatures. The noise level may range from moderate to very loud.
- 100% employer-paid for medical, dental, and vision insurance premium for individual and family coverage
- 100% employer-paid for basic life insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Free company lunch every day
ABOUT THE COMPANY
With origins in Group Catair in 1996 and founded by its Co-CEO’s Olivier Sadran and Jonathan Stent-Torriani, Newrest is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments including airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail.
With revenues under management of almost 1.9 Billion Euros in 2017-18 and 32,000 employees world-wide in 49 countries, Newrest is also the first largest ‘independent’ airline caterer world-wide.
Newrest is committed to constant improvement and innovation for its clients, the well-being and progress of its employees and managers, a sustainable and durable development of the company, and total respect of social and environmental values in all of its activities.