NEWREST IN CANADA:
Our clients are leading airlines companies such as Air Canada Jazz, American Airlines, Aero Mexico, Air France KLM, Saudia Airlines, Turkish Airlines, Egyptair, Ethiopian Airlines, and Brussels Airline.
Newrest has 3 major operational units based in Toronto, Montreal & Calgary.
These units, specialized in airline catering & buy-on-board are successfully growing and we are looking for new talents to reinforce and develop our business.
Newrest is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Apply today and be a part of our team, delivering exceptional catering services and food products to top–notch airlines all around the world !
Cold Kitchen Worker - Responsibilities:
- Have the ability to demonstrate a complete understanding of the required menu
- Measure food ingredients according to portion control guidelines and booklets instructions
- Collect serving plates, dispose food in plates, respecting carefully instructions and booklets guidelines
- Assist in setting up and serving of special meals
- Place racks of products in cooling tunnel or any other dedicated waiting area
- Complete defined production schedule as assigned by Team-Lead, Lead-Hand or Manager
- Edit and organize labels outside & inside for the scheduled production of the day
- Perform proper food packaging / storing based on safety requirements and customers instructions
- Tag every rack in the production according to company’s standards & processes
- Ensure that left over ingredients and packaging material are properly labelled and returned in the dry storage, cooler or packaging material storage
- Bring ingredients or packaging material from the warehouse / fridge / waiting area
- Ensure proper and timely recording of activities, report any unsanitary practice / unsafe condition
- Set up equipment, maintain clean workstation, ensure sanitation before shift / before leaving
- Make sure racks are properly identified, wrapped and moved away from chemicals / hazardous substances, respect all food safety, health & safety, company rules & standards
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Ability to work in cold rooms for extended periods (below 50°F - 10°C)
- Ability to read in English, write in English, speak in English
- Good knowledge of HACCP is an asset (training will be provided otherwise)
- Attendance, diligence, punctuality, reliability
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work mornings, evenings, weekends (depending on assigned shift)