Newrest is looking for an Executive Chef to support its projects in Guyana.
Under the supervision of the Camp Boss, you will manage kitchen staff, plan menus, supervise food production in compliance with Newrest standard and client contract.
- Plan menus in consultation with Camp Boss
- Allocate duties to Kitchen Staff
- Take charge of the operation in the absence of Camp Boss
- Organize all the resources within the Kitchen and other areas
- Supervise food production to the companies standard, with particular emphasis on presentation hygiene and economy, in addition should also be knowledgable in bakery products
- Plan and cost menus in co-ordination with the Camp Boss
- Be responsible for allocation of work to other Kitchen Staff
- Be responsible for implementing company policy and discipline in the production area
- Develop and train Kitchen Staff in skills in order to be eligible for promotion
- Ensure proper mopping and cleanliness of worktables, minimum wastage and kitchen cleanliness
- Know and observe all safety rules and procedures
- Effectively supervise Kitchen Staff to ensure all HSE rules & procedures are followed and hazards/near miss and accidents are properly reported
- Ensure proper grooming and hygiene of self and all production staff
- Oversee/assist/sort out stores and maintain stores including meat, fish, vegetable, and frozen items
- Assist in taking of inventories
- Check quality of food received and stacked in food-box and other material in acceptable order
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as Cook / Head Cook/ Chief Cook
- Having knowledge and skills in the preparation of international and Indian food
- An offshore experience is mandatory
- IT tools awareness
- English fluent, French is a plus
- Client satisfaction will be your priority
- Ability to manage a multicultural staff
- Outcome orientation
- Resistance to stressful situations
- Well organized, rigorous and methodical but enough adaptability to local constraints.
CONTRACT: Permanent contract – Starting date as soon as possible
ROTATION: 28 days on / 28 days off
LOCATION: Position located in remote site (offshore site) - Guyana
SALARY: Depending on experience and profile
With origins in Group Catair in 1996 and founded by its Co-CEO’s Olivier Sadran and Jonathan Stent-Torriani, Newrest is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments including airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail.
With revenues under management of almost 1.9 Billion Euros in 2017-18 and 32,000 employees world-wide in 49 countries, Newrest is also the first largest ‘independent’ airline caterer world-wide.
Newrest is committed to constant improvement and innovation for its clients, the well-being and progress of its employees and managers, a sustainable and durable development of the company, and total respect of social and environmental values in all of its activities.