At Newrest, our Chef’s are essential to the success of the overall business. As Culinary Standards and National Airline Account Chef, you will lead the industry with award winning culinary excellence. Your passion for culinary arts will enable you to confidently create dishes using your expertise and innovation alongside our company and client specifications. The ideal candidate will be a natural leader who is driven by customer satisfaction and wanting to create a unique and memorable experience. You will receive a competitive salary, plus excellent benefits such as our company pension plan, free meals whilst on duty, free parking on site, 28 days paid annual leave, valeted uniform and excellent training and development opportunities.
- Manage all parts of Menu Development from design through to menu presentation, recipes, specifications and launch
- Work from customer culinary visions/briefs and translate into market leading menu design
- Create menus and presentations, including researching and implementing new culinary trends
- Work closely and support the Head of Menu Development & Production
- Influence Unit Head Chefs to drive quality and consistency
- Work closely with Head of Procurement to identify possible cost savings in supply chain and coordinate with the unit management team on supply ordering, budget, and kitchen efficiency and staffing
- Develop Newrest Culinary standard operating procedures
- Support UK units prior, during and after new menu launches
- Provide guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited, to line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating
- Help develop, maintain and enhance Newrest internal system Winrest
- Manage customer accounts. Customer engagement for all things culinary
- Train new kitchen employees to unit and kitchen standards to ensure compliance with HACCP and Food Safety legislation
- Maintain staff appraisal’s and training opportunities
- Internal department communication, shift meetings, group meetings and one on ones
- Be an effective ambassador for Newrest at all times and whilst wearing uniform off duty
- Any other duties as requested by your manager.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Menu Development for retail and airline
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Excellent record of kitchen and staff management
- Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Excellent communication and team work skills
- Self-motivation, commitment and enthusiasm and the ability to work calmly under pressure.
CONTRACT: Full-Time Permanent, starting as soon as possible
LOCATION: London Heathrow
SALARY: Based on experience
With origins in Group Catair in 1996 and founded by its Co-CEO’s Olivier Sadran and Jonathan Stent-Torriani, Newrest is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments including airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail.
With 2017 revenues under management of almost 1.8 Billion Euros Newrest employs more than 30,800 employees world-wide in 49 countries.
Newrest is committed to constant improvement and innovation for its clients, the well-being and progress of its employees and managers, a sustainable and durable development of the company, and total respect of social and environmental values in all of its activities.