NEWREST AT A GLANCE:
Newrest, a specialist in out-of-home food service, is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments: airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail concession (visit our website : http://www.newrest.eu/en/).
With 2016 revenues under management of 1,693.3 M€ and more than 29,500 employees world-wide in 48 countries, Newrest offers career opportunities worldwide within a Group that is constantly looking for new talents for our numerous subsidiaries spread out on five continents. Join Newrest to participate in an exciting entrepreneurial adventure offering unique career opportunities.
NEWREST IN CANADA:
Our clients are leading airlines companies such as Air Canada Jazz, American Airlines, Aero Mexico, Air France KLM, Saudia Airlines, Turkish Airlines, Egyptair, Ethiopian Airlines, and Brussels Airline.
Newrest has 3 major operational units based in Toronto, Montreal & Calgary.
These units, specialized in airline catering & buy-on-board are successfully growing and we are looking for new talents to reinforce and develop our business.
Newrest is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Apply today and be a part of our team, delivering exceptional catering services and food products to top–notch airlines all around the world !
Food Prep Worker - Responsibilities:
- Have the ability to demonstrate a complete understanding of the required menu
- Knife skills : techniques to hold knifes safely, secure work surface, handle cutting board, cut fast
- Perform food preparation processes: marinating, seasoning, chopping, dicing, cutting, slicing vegetables
- Maintaining appropriate portion control and consistently monitoring food levels on the line
- Consistently following the proper recipes and procedures
- Preparing food throughout the day as indicated in the booklets guidelines
- Consistently and accurately using prep sheets, road maps, cleanliness list, and station checklists
- Adhering to high standards regarding food preparation, cleaning and sanitation
- Requires to be on their feet working while clocked in, unless on break
- Completing cold food preparation assignment accurately, neatly, and in a timely fashion
- Anticipating and reacting to other departments’ requests
- Have the ability to develop positive working relationships with other unit employees
- Work as part of a team by helping others as needed or requested
- Be able to adapt to changing priorities with a sense of urgency
- Be able to follow instructions for recipes
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to work in cold rooms for extended periods (below 50°F - 10°C)
- Ability to read in English, write in English, speak in English
- Good knowledge of HACCP is an asset (training will be provided otherwise)
- Prior experience in a similar position is an asset
- Ability work in a fast paced environment