Newrest is looking for a Driver for its Salt Lake City unit. This individual will load food carts on the truck, drive the truck to the airport, and unload the food directly on to the plane. This will require making a few trips every day from our manufacturing facility to the airport. This position will require someone who has a flexible schedule with the ability to work on the weekends.
- Load and unload of all equipment on a truck
- Check the conformity of the amount of trolleys and cabinets to be delivered before loading
- Fill pre-trip inspection book & perform mandatory safety checks of the vehicle for each shift
- Ensure loading the products into vehicles according to plan galley
- Ensure on time delivery of all items for each flight
- Communicate by radio to supervisors and dispatchers
- Drive a heavy vehicle respecting traffic regulations (road and track)
- Secure all products before delivery to the aircraft by sealing material (truck)
- Ensure compliance of loading according to the procedures in place
- Ensure cleaning of the vehicle and the area around the dock after each shift
- Fill various security documents (certificate ...), safety and HACCP
- Train new drivers
- Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
- Observe the proper use of equipment
- Follow all procedures for health, safety and security
- Maintain clean working area, maintain clean loading docks, maintain clean equipment following rules
- Be diligent, punctual, and reliable
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must pass all required airport security clearance
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a safe and clean driving record
- Must be able to acquire a DOT Medical Card
- Must be able to read, write, and speak in English
- Prior experience in airline or aviation related industry is a plus
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) awareness is an asset, otherwise training will be provided
- Ability to handle pressure and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work mornings, evenings, weekends (depending on assigned shift), and work overtime when required
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work outdoors and varying temperatures and environments
- Experience on US airport tarmac strongly recommended
- Understand the rules of hygiene, safety and security
- Authorization to work in the USA for any employer
EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION: Long term employment, starting date: ASAP
LOCATION: Position located in Salt Lake City, Utah
SALARY: $14.00 per hour. Pay his higher if you have a CDL.
- Free lunch provided every day
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
With origins in Group Catair in 1996 and founded by its Co-CEO’s Olivier Sadran and Jonathan Stent-Torriani, Newrest is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments including airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail.
With revenues under management of almost 1.9 Billion Euros in 2017-18 and 32,000 employees world-wide in 49 countries, Newrest is also the first largest ‘independent’ airline caterer world-wide.
At year end closing 2018 (September) Newrest is 94,58% management-owned, with its managers holding its capital (340 managers). The remaining capital is held by Private Equity Funds (3,5%) and Private Investors (1,92%).
Newrest is committed to constant improvement and innovation for its clients, the well-being and progress of its employees and managers, a sustainable and durable development of the company, and total respect of social and environmental values in all of its activities.