Newrest is looking for a customer service representative to join its Salt Lake City team. This individual will be communicating directly with the flight crew and cabin to ensure that all flight meal requirements are satisfactorily met. This will require walking directly up to planes and spending the majority outside on the airport ramp. This position will serve as the face of Newrest.
- For each flight, go on the runway to meet with cabin crew and to review with them delivered merchandise in details
- Responsible for supervising and checking to ensure all food production requirements are fulfilled
- Control conformity of final production prior to delivery
- Coordinate with dispatchers, make last minute arrangements to solve issues, or bring missing items
- Inspect, label, close and seal trolleys according to all airport safety requirements
- Ensure correct number of meals for each flight are ready, packed and assigned correctly according to all customer specifications & client instructions booklets
- Prepare, supervise, organize and plan customer visits on Newrest premises & client tastings
- Input flights scheduling for all operational forecasts into the flight management software
- Use dedicated client software and interfaces to follow & monitor operations, operate required changes / updates in the system for each flight
- Socialize with customers and partners to improve business relationships
- Manage customer complaints efficiently (investigation of the problem, discussion with the operational staff, corrective actions, reporting, response to the client)
- Ensure that all information (flight schedule, manuals, instructions, etc.) is distributed and understood by all "key" actors of the unit and other unit services
- Ensure and centralize an efficient external/internal operational communication between the unit and its customers
- Control & supervise flight reports & corrective responses: provide adequate response within 24 hours
- Valid driver’s license required
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Prior experience in hospitality, airline or aviation related industry is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professional physical appearance, good communication skills over the phone
- Strong client relationship abilities, strong commitment
- Experience in business relationship & client partnerships
- Experience in inflight catering is an asset
- Ability to handle pressure in a fast-paced environment
JOB TYPE : Full Time – Starting date : As soon as possible
LOCATION: 3555 W. Ninigret Drive, Suite 500, Salt Lake City, Utah, 84104 USA
SALARY: $16 per hour
- Free lunch every day
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) w/ Company match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
With origins in Group Catair in 1996 and founded by its Co-CEO’s Olivier Sadran and Jonathan Stent-Torriani, Newrest is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments including airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail.
With revenues under management of almost 1.9 Billion Euros in 2017-18 and 32,000 employees world-wide in 49 countries, Newrest is also the first largest ‘independent’ airline caterer world-wide.
At year end closing 2018 (September) Newrest is 94,58% management-owned, with its managers holding its capital (340 managers). The remaining capital is held by Private Equity Funds (3,5%) and Private Investors (1,92%).
Newrest is committed to constant improvement and innovation for its clients, the well-being and progress of its employees and managers, a sustainable and durable development of the company, and total respect of social and environmental values in all of its activities.