Newrest is looking for a Deputy Unit Manager to support its development in Spain.
Newrest Group is presents in Spain through its activities in inflight catering.
The Deputy Operations Manager supports the Unit Manager on operational, financial, commercial, QHSE, purchasing, logistics and HR aspects.
- Guarantee compliance with contractual commitments between Newrest and its customers
- Ensure sustainability of economic balances and ratios with a focus on food and labour cost as per the Group's standards
- Being a guarantor of the implementation of HACCP procedures and standards, both on food and handling
- Ensure the best operational management of the Inflight Unit and supervise procurement, production and handling
- Supervise recruitments of operational profiles while respecting budget prepared by the General Management
- Manage, train and support his team in order to develop internal skill and detect talents
- Ensure a good social climate, enforce and implement agreements
- Develop and reinforce, in accordance with the General Manager, commercial relationship with current and new customers in order to develop Newrest activity
- Implement Barcelona unit's best practices welcoming new hires or internal employees for specific trainings dedicated to Inflight catering management
- An operational profile with 5 years' experience minimum, in inflight catring sector preferably
- Proven skills in: Finance, Cost Management, QHSE and HR
- Commercial awareness
- Charisma and leadership leading local teams
- Hands on personality
- Spanish and English fluent, French is a plus
- Excellent computers skills (Office Suite)
CONTRACT: Permanent contract – Starting date as soon as possible
LOCATION: Position located in Barcelona - Spain
SALARY: Depending on experience and profile
With origins in Group Catair in 1996 and founded by its Co-CEO’s Olivier Sadran and Jonathan Stent-Torriani, Newrest is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments including airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail.
With revenues under management of almost 2 Billion Euros in 2018-19 and 34,900 employees world-wide in 58 countries, Newrest is also the first largest ‘independent’ airline caterer world-wide.
Newrest is committed to constant improvement and innovation for its clients, the well-being and progress of its employees and managers, a sustainable and durable development of the company, and total respect of social and environmental values in all of its activities.