We are looking for General Workers to join our Pick & Pack department. This individual will be responsible for filling the airline carts with beverages, snacks, and other items for the flights. This position is a swing shift position working from 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm. This shift requires working on the weekends and weekdays (5 days a week, 2 days off). If you show capability and leadership ability, there are many opportunities to move up within the company.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Ensure the optimal utilization of space through warehouse consolidation
- Rotate product as appropriate, provide designated items to appropriate department
- Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate fashion
- Conduct inbound processes of new merchandise in accordance with guidelines and following all prescribed procedures, ability to understand specificities for each airline
- This position is responsible for all day-to-day warehouse/ inventory activities in the facility
- This role will include the physical and administrative handling of merchandise
- Take appropriate action to label, store, sort, dispose merchandise as instructed
- Inform Warehouse Team Lead, Lead-Hand or Manager of daily activity and/or any issues/concerns
- Perform other duties as required or assigned by team lead or management.
- Requires to be on their feet working while clocked in, unless on break
- Assist in maintaining Security and Health and Safety requirements
- Ensure adherence to procedural and policy requirements
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area
- This position requires interpersonal skills & the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to lift items / packages (up to 35 lbs. / 15 kg)
- Good knowledge of HACCP is preferred (training will be provided)
- Ability to handle pressure in a fast paced environment
- Attendance, diligence, punctuality, reliability
- Free lunch provided every day
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
SALARY: $12.00 / hour
Newrest, a specialist in out-of-home food service, is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments: airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail concession.
With 2016 revenues under management of 1,693.6 M€ and more than 29,500 employees world-wide in 48 countries, Newrest offers career opportunities in France and abroad within a Group that is constantly looking for new talents for our numerous subsidiaries spread out on five continents. Join Newrest to participate in an exciting entrepreneurial adventure offering unique career opportunities.
Newrest is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. Newrest maintains a drug-free workplace and is committed to building inclusion and leveraging diversity.