Newrest Holding is in need of a Finance Manager eager to provide results-driven performance. As the Finance Manager, your primary duties will include responsibility for all the financial aspects of the U.S. locations. This includes the daily, weekly, and monthly accounting processes including but not limited to: reviewing weekly invoices, preparation of weekly operating statement and monthly financial statements, payroll previewing and payroll taxes, general ledger maintenance and account reconciliations, assistance with yearly budget and audit, and provide backup and support to the other accounting team members. The work involves data entry, the maintenance of various account records, and routine problem-solving. The individual in this position must be able to exercise discretion and use independent judgment in the performance of all daily tasks. This individual also supervises the accounting department in addition to the defined essential functions below.
- Plan/Implement and control the cost budget in the area of responsibility; initiate and steer corrective actions in case of deviations; Balance multiple projects and prioritize
- Manage and maintain communication and good working relationships with all internal customers
- Coordinate day-to-day general ledger activities, including preparing and posting daily/monthly journal entries while maintaining proper supporting schedules, documentation and appropriate levels of approval
- Validate payroll accounting in coordination with the HR department
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls, verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements
- Optimize use of financial reporting systems; actively seek opportunities for continuous improvement leading to clarity and simplification in processes
- Conduct bank reconciliations, petty cash reconciliations, and intercompany reconciliations
- Verify supplier invoices with all supporting mechanism and validate for payment
- Follow up of collection and allocation of payments received from clients against invoices outstanding
- Responsible for timely transfer of expenditures between funds, cost allocations and other schedules
- Assist with quarterly and annual audits with external auditors, establish audit schedule and coordinate funder audit. Prepare plan for corrective action, as needed
- Perform other month and year-end responsibilities, and support special projects
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balance
- Charge expenses to accounts, analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries
- Pay vendors and suppliers, scheduling and preparing checks
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Maintain historical records, filing documents
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Accomplish accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial and accounting statements and reports that are appropriate in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Prepare short and long-term financial forecasts of financial performance and ensure corporate budgeting processes are carried out and reviewed.
- Process e-bills and respond to e-billing inquiries
- Coordinate with other departments to address questions/problems related to billing processes
- Complete other projects or assignments as required by circumstance or as directed by the Country Manager.
- Regular, timely, and predictable attendance is required for this position.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Supervisory and Management
- Supervise and manage the work of all the employees in all areas of the department, including dispatch, drivers, helpers, supervisors, admin staff, and general workers.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are followed per Newrest and client’s requirements.
- Communicate effectively with all crew members and team members.
- Hold team members accountable for all expectations.
- Handle any coaching and/or corrective actions.
- Answer questions regarding time cards and pay.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
We are looking to speak with experienced Finance Managers, ideally with experience within a global company. Newrest is a global company with high growth, this is a varied position which requires someone who is result focus and thrives in a busy environment and loves challenges.
Ideally you hold the following experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Five year of managerial level experience in financial accounting
- Broad experience in financial management - including general accounting, financial analysis and reporting
- Strong ability to analyze and communicate financial information to all levels internal and external of the organziation
- Advance knowledge of account theory, practice and internal control
- Excellent communcation and negotiation skills
- Highly motivated matched with strong problem solving skills
TRAVEL AND TRAINING
- Some travel required
- Initial Training/Onboarding: 30 days in Salt Lake City, Utah
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Understanding of costing and pricing process;
- Proven track record of understanding the drivers of product and labor cost variances;
- Understand and demonstrate concepts of financial control (e.g., keep food cost within budget);
- Proactive personality and character demonstrating an ability to complete activities;
- Strong verbal, organizational, technical ability, and people skills required;
- Strong organizational logical thinking skills;
- Ability to manage many tasks and to prioritize appropriately.
- Strong leadership experience with experience in start-up or turnaround environments
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate with non-exempt to upper management levels
- Understanding of lean manufacturing principles and operational processes
- Understanding of HACCP & food safety standards
- Aptitude in showing self-initiative and follow-through
- Detail-oriented and ability to see high picture
We offer a strong total rewards package including the following benefits: competitive compensation, free lunch provided daily, medical, dental, vision, paid company holidays, PTOand 401k.