Newrest, a specialist in out-of-home food service, is a global leader in multi-sector catering. The Group, which reported assets under management of M€2,001.3 in 2018/19, employs 34,900 people in 58 countries.
Newrest Canada focuses on the Inflight Catering segment and managed, years after years, to develop a know-how and a clear professionalism towards its customers.
Implemented for more than 10 years in Canada, the company undergoes an unprecedented growth.
We are urgently looking for an Accountant for our unit in Mississauga, Ontario. The position is located and directly linked to the head office.
The Accountant technician reports to the CFO and is the primary contact responsible for effective control of all financial transactions for assigned entity within an integrated information system. Requires strong accounting skills, close attention to detail, high level of data entry accuracy, strong Microsoft excel skills, and excellent communication skills.
PAYABLE PART :
- Obtains approvals for vendor invoices, matches invoices to packing slips and purchase orders to support payment of vendor invoices
- Processing accounts and payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Performing day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting, and recording accounts payables’ data
- Investigates queries from vendors on status of receipt of goods, payment of invoices and discrepancies
- Prepares monthly journals arising from invoice data entry errors, HST adjustments for construction invoices on hold and prepaid invoices
- Reconciles vendor statements to the institutions Accounts Payable records and follows up on discrepancies
- Responsible for ensuring all outstanding invoices associated with assigned vendors are accrued for at month end
RECEIVABLE PART :
- Ensure compliance of billing arrangements for the clients
- Liaise with unit managers to generate, edit, and finalize bills, provide year-end estimates on fees, or quarterly reports
- Proofread and follow-up with pro-formas, update transfers and changes on time entries and / or disbursements
- Process e-bills and respond to e-billing inquiries
- Generate monthly and weekly reports as required
- Set-up timekeepers and client information in the system
- Communicate with other offices regarding intergroup billing for customers
- Coordinate with other departments to address questions/problems related to billing processes
- Ensure necessary back-up is available and applied with accuracy
- Apply cash receipts to outstanding invoices, on a daily basis; this includes cheques, EFT's and wires
- Keep accurate list of unapplied cash for tracking, balancing, and constant updating
- Follow-up on unapplied cash
- Trouble shoot problem, solve issues to keep unapplied cash to a minimum
- Apply credits to invoices on a weekly basis, files received from various business units
- Process AR collections
- Journal entries as they arise and ensure timely month end cut-off
- Prior work experience in a similar position is required (manufacturing or travel industry is an asset)
- Post-secondary education in Accounting or a related field, or the equivalent is required
- Solid knowledge of Word, Excel (V-Lookups & Pivot tables), Outlook, and E-billing Systems preferred
- Client service savvy with the ability to solve conflicts
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented, resourceful, and good analytical ability
- Good judgment and high degree of professionalism
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively multi-task
- Confident and reliable with strong initiative, and able work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates flexibility to accommodate work demands
- Speaking French is a plus
- Authorization to work in Canada for any employer
How to Apply:
• Send resume to : firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information :
Full name, email address, phone number, postal address (mention job opportunity reference : YYZ – ACCOUNTANT)
PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY APPLICATION WITHOUT A RESUME WILL BE DISREGARDED.
Job opportunity open on: ASAP
Number of available positions: 1
Type of contract: Full time
Successful candidates will be required to provide photo ID, banking details and valid SIN for hiring process.
Apply today and be a part of our team, delivering exceptional catering services and food products to top–notch airlines all around the world!
NEWREST Catering Unlimited.