Newrest is looking for a Hygiene Inspector to support its activities in Qatar.
- Ensure that all the company’s HSE requirements as detailed in the Health, Safety & Environmental Management System (Essential Safety) are implemented and maintained in all existing and new sites.
- Ensure company awareness and monitor compliance with all statutory requirements where reasonably practicable.
- Management of external auditors.
- Review all internal, external audit reports to ensure that the Newrest Gulf standard is being correctly and effectively measured.
- Report monthly on results achieved per site namely Manhours worked, LTIF, TRIR, etc., and assess the achievement of targets set.
- Monitor and report on all exceptions.
- Ensure that all high-risk contracts are flagged to the General Manager.
- Intervene/help with corrective action implementation as required and follow up of the Central Action Point Register.
- Monitor compliance with Essential Safety and HACCP requirements, update all information material, and ensure that all updates are effectively communicated to all operating divisions.
- Develop and update training material and information for Inhouse Food Hygiene Training, HSE Induction and HACCP management.
- Conduct pre-opening risk assessments in terms of Health Act Compliance, HACCP requirements, as well as NEWREST Gulf standards.
- To know how the body functions will affect the nutrition from the food.
- To provide health advice and to promote healthy cooking.
- To study the profitability & popularity of the menu items to increase our profits.
- Undertake planned routine HSE, Food Quality & Safety, HACCP audits and risk assessments, to ensure ongoing awareness of need to minimize risks.
- Collect, all injury on duty data monthly –measure cost of injury/accident in line with NEWREST GULF reporting procedures.
- Assist with the development and implementation of Supplier pre-listing criteria and introduction and approval of supplier through audits.
- Planned audits and reactive Inspections on sub-contractors in terms of HSE, Food Safety, and Journey Management.
- Deal with product non-conformances / quality complaints as and when they arise, via category buyers.
- Support the development and maintenance of Safe work procedures and work instructions as and when required.
- Encourage that the company vision and values are lived throughout all aspects of duties performed to encourage cross-functional teamwork, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- Undertake HSE training at all levels.
- Continually monitor the performance of and develop HSE team competencies.
- BSc in Food Microbiology
- Diploma in Catering
- Fluent in English and preferably Arabic.
- 8 years’ experience in catering management.
- 5 years’ experience in provision of catering at offshore locations or remote areas.
- Shall be based in Halul.
Specialist in out-of-home catering in 58 countries, and the only player to intervene in all sectors of catering and related services, Newrest is one of the world leaders in multi-sector catering.
Our 34,900 committed and talented employees do what is necessary to offer consumers balanced, diversified, and tasty meals while scrupulously respecting hygiene and food safety standards.
We are fervently invested in respecting essential environmental values. The use of local, fresh and seasonal products, our responsible purchasing policy, the treatment and reduction of waste, the fight against food waste, and the use of responsible packaging are behaviors that illustrate Newrest’s conviction in terms of ecology.
Our drive and passion for technological innovation ensure that we are market leaders focused on modern, efficient work practices whilst delivering excellent customer service and delicious culinary experiences. The Newrest experience is unique, optimized, and memorable.
What characterizes us: Humility - Simplicity - Efficiency - Responsibility.