- To prepare produce, and present food to the agreed standard and in accordance with company policy and within food costs provided.
- To organize all the resources within the Kitchen and other areas.
- To ensure timely preparation of food as per set menu and within the set cost.
- To ensure quality, quantity and hygienic food is served with particular emphasis on presentation. To try and ensure minimum / no wastage (excess food balance).
- To plan and cost menus in coordination with the deputy project manager keeping in mind the basic principle of FIFO. To plan for variety of preparations in the menu ensuring the satisfaction of the client and within the set cost norms.
- To allocate duties to Kitchen Staff
- To know and observe all safety rules and effectively supervise so as to ensure the implementation of company HSE policy and discipline in the production area and by the staff.
- Professional training in catering.
- 5 years’ experience as Head Chef with reputable catering organizations / Hotels.
- 5 years’ experience as Sous Chef / Chef de parte with reputable catering organizations / Hotels. Good administration skills.
- Shall be fully authorized to run the kitchen.
- Good understanding of ISO food standards or HACCP food standards.
- Fluent in English (Speaking, Writing and Reading) and preferably Arabic.
- Good knowledge and experiences in fine dining, large scale parties and functions.
- Cooperative and punctual with whole working crew.
- Capable of undertaking full responsibility for food production (quality & quantity).
- Hand on experience in menu planning and compiling recipes.
Specialist in out-of-home catering in 58 countries, and the only player to intervene in all sectors of catering and related services, Newrest is one of the world leaders in multi-sector catering.
Our 34,900 committed and talented employees do what is necessary to offer consumers balanced, diversified, and tasty meals while scrupulously respecting hygiene and food safety standards.
We are fervently invested in respecting essential environmental values. The use of local, fresh and seasonal products, our responsible purchasing policy, the treatment and reduction of waste, the fight against food waste, and the use of responsible packaging are behaviors that illustrate Newrest’s conviction in terms of ecology.
Our drive and passion for technological innovation ensure that we are market leaders focused on modern, efficient work practices whilst delivering excellent customer service and delicious culinary experiences. The Newest experience is unique, optimized and memorable.
What characterizes us: Humility - Simplicity - Efficiency - Responsibility.