- To organize all the resources within the Kitchen and other areas under his responsibility
- To ensure timely preparation of food as per the set menu and within the set cost.
- To ensure quality, quantity, and hygienic food are served with particular emphasis on presentation. To try and ensure minimum / no wastage (excess food balance).
- To plan and cost menus coordination with the Camp Boss keeping in mind the basic principle of FIFO. To plan for a variety of preparations in the menu ensuring the satisfaction of the client and within the set cost norms.
- When required, to prepare and Arabic dishes.
- To ensure timely pre-preparation / mis-en-place (wash, clean, cut vegetables, fruits, meat, chicken, fish, and bakery products) and cooking.
- To ensure proper cleanliness of the kitchen area.
- To know and observe all safety rules and effectively supervise so as to ensure the implementation of company HSE policy and discipline in the production area and by the staff.
- To ensure that all norms, procedures, policies, documentation logs pertaining to HSE / HACCP company standards are followed and records maintained.
- To ensure proper cleaning and sanitization as per company standards of the kitchen area, stores, chillers, freezers, dry stores within the kitchen/production area. Also ensuring the cleaning of worktables, cooking utensils, tools, kitchenware, and other related production equipment and machinery is cleaned after use and kept in its allotted place to ensure easy availability and safety.
- To follow Newrest GULF HSE plan and achieve HSE targets.
- Respect and follow up QHSE policies & must rules.
- To oversee/assist/sort out stores and maintain stores including meat, fish, vegetable, and frozen items.
- 5-years’ experience in cooking and serving Arabic Cuisine at reputable catering organizations/Hotels. Mandatory Arab Nationality. Should be proficient in GCC Food.
- Fluent in English and preferably Arabic.
Specialist in out-of-home catering in 58 countries, and the only player to intervene in all sectors of catering and related services, Newrest is one of the world leaders in multi-sector catering.
Our 34,900 committed and talented employees do what is necessary to offer consumers balanced, diversified, and tasty meals while scrupulously respecting hygiene and food safety standards.
We are fervently invested in respecting essential environmental values. The use of local, fresh and seasonal products, our responsible purchasing policy, the treatment and reduction of waste, the fight against food waste and the use of responsible packaging are behaviors that illustrate Newrest’s conviction in terms of ecology.
Our drive and passion for technological innovation ensure that we are market leaders focused on modern, efficient work practices whilst delivering excellent customer service and delicious culinary experiences. The Newrest experience is unique, optimized and memorable.
What characterizes us: Humility - Simplicity - Efficiency - Responsibility.