- To organize all the resources within the Kitchen and other areas.
- To ensure timely preparation of food as per the set menu and within the set cost.
- To ensure quality, quantity, and hygienic food is served with particular emphasis on presentation. To try and ensure minimum / no wastage (excess food balance).
- To plan and cost menus in coordination with the deputy project manager keeping in mind the basic principle of FIFO. To plan for a variety of preparations in the menu ensuring the satisfaction of the client and within the set cost norms.
- To assist storekeeper in indenting for provisions.
- To be responsible for the allocation of work to other kitchen staff.
- When required, to prepare and cook dishes.
- To ensure timely pre-preparation / mise-en-place (wash, clean, cut vegetables, fruits, meat, chicken, fish, and bakery products) and cooking.
- To ensure proper cleanliness of the kitchen area.
- To know and observe all safety rules and effectively supervise so as to ensure the implementation of company HSE policy and discipline in the production area and by the staff.
- To ensure that all norms, procedures, policies, documentation logs pertaining to HSE / HACCP company standards are followed and records maintained.
- To immediately report and where possible to take action in relation to any accident, fire incident, loss, or damage including hazards/near miss are properly recorded.
- To develop and train a minimum of one assistant kitchen staff in skills in order to be eligible for the promotion.
- To ensure proper cleaning and sanitization as per company standards of the kitchen area, stores, chillers, freezers, dry stores within the kitchen/production area. Also ensuring the cleaning of worktables, cooking utensils, tools, kitchenware, and other related production equipment and machinery is cleaned after use and kept in its allotted place to ensure easy availability and safety.
- To actively participate in all HSE meetings and chair the meetings in the absence of the Camp Boss.
- To follow Newrest Gulf HSE plan and achieve HSE targets.
- To ensure proper grooming and hygiene of self .and all production staff.
- To oversee/assist/sort out stores and maintain stores including meat, fish, vegetable and frozen items.
- To ensure that all required data are made available for the proper use of Unrest and follow its methodology.
- Respect and follow up QHSE policies & must rules.
- Report any incident, accident & unsafe act to the management.
- 10 years’ experience as Chief Cook and cooking and serving of Continental dishes with reputable catering organizations/Hotels.
- Shall be fully authorized to run the kitchen.
Specialist in out-of-home catering in 58 countries, and the only player to intervene in all sectors of catering and related services, Newrest is one of the world leaders in multi-sector catering.
Our 34,900 committed and talented employees do what is necessary to offer consumers balanced, diversified, and tasty meals while scrupulously respecting hygiene and food safety standards.
We are fervently invested in respecting essential environmental values. The use of local, fresh and seasonal products, our responsible purchasing policy, the treatment and reduction of waste, the fight against food waste, and the use of responsible packaging are behaviors that illustrate Newrest’s conviction in terms of ecology.
Our drive and passion for technological innovation ensure that we are market leaders focused on modern, efficient work practices whilst delivering excellent customer service and delicious culinary experiences. The Newrest experience is unique, optimized, and memorable.
What characterizes us: Humility - Simplicity - Efficiency - Responsibility.