Newrest, a specialist in out-of-home food service, is a global leader in multi-sector catering. The Group, which reported assets under management of M€2,001.3 in 2018/19, employs 34,900 people in 58 countries.
Newrest Canada focuses on the Inflight Catering segment and managed, years after years, to develop a know-how and a clear professionalism towards its customers.
Implemented for more than 10 years in Canada, the company undergoes an unprecedented growth.
We are currently looking for a Quality Technician to join our team in our Calgary office located near the airport, in Alberta. This is a part-time position, 3 days a week (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday).
You guarantee the application of HACCP procedures and standards across all departments of the unit. Also you are responsible for promoting the Health Safety Environment Quality policy, coaching employees to ensure a high level of hygiene, food safety and quality in accordance with the commitments and standards.
You are hierarchically attached to the Quality Director of the country.
- Make sure the staff join to requirements of Quality System,
- Ensure compliance of the products with customer requirements,
- Check and ensure the adequacy of the final products with the technical data developed according to customer needs (visual quality, taste, compliance, weight, packaging, temperature ...).
- Process in collaboration with the sales department customer complaints
- Ensure compliance of products with respect to the regulation,
- Formalize and provide operational teams all quality documents and ensure their understanding and mastery,
- Attend management review meetings and Quality
- Ensure proper application of Quality / Health / Safety / Environment defined by Newrest,
- Followup on HACCP procedures,
- Ensure traceability of production,
- Ensure hygiene monitoring on various services (implementation and monitoring of the necessary documentation)
- Provide operational support and ensure proper monitoring of health providers (laboratory, fight against pests, laundry, cleaning, detergent ...)
- Ensure constant stock of all hygiene and health products necessary for the proper operation of the unit.
- Perform internal checks defined in terms of disease control
The tasks described above are likely to evolve and be modified according to operational needs and regulatory changes.
- Knowledge of HACCP procedures and quality certifications (ISO, etc...) is a plus,
- Experience in catering and or hospitality is preferred,
- Good written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Strategic thinker and strong analytical skills
How to Apply:
• Send RESUME to : firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information :
Full name, email address, phone number, postal address (mention job opportunity reference : YYC – QUALITY TECHNICIAN)
PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY APPLICATION WITHOUT A RESUME WILL BE DISREGARDED.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES WHO ARE ALREADY IN CANADA WITH A VALID DOCUMENT TO WORK.
Number of available positions: 1
Type of contract: Part time
Successful candidates will be required to provide photo ID, banking details and valid SIN for hiring process.
Apply today and be a part of our team, delivering exceptional catering services and food products to top–notch airlines all around the world!
NEWREST Catering Unlimited.