!!! WE ARE ONLY LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES ALREADY LIVING IN ONTARIO, CANADA - PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE NOT ON SITE !!!
Newrest, a specialist in out-of-home food service, is a global leader in multi-sector catering. The Group, which reported assets under management of M€2,001.3 in 2018/19, employs 34,900 people in 58 countries.
Newrest Canada focuses on the Inflight Catering segment and managed, years after years, to develop a know-how and a clear professionalism towards its customers.
Implemented for more than 10 years in Canada, the company undergoes an unprecedented growth.
We are currently looking for a 2 chefs with skills in Indian Food to join our team in our Canadian head office located in Mississauga, Ontario.
MAIN TASKS :
- Ensure on-time meals delivery and complying with specifications (Idian meals to prepare daily for airlines) as menu of the day, presentation and food safety
- Set up Newrest QHSE standards, processes and policies to meet clients’ requirements.
- Keep a tight control of your daily cost, cost per meal and stocks.
- Manage, train and develop the local team.
- Assist your production manager in menu planning activities.
- To taste various confections, do checks and corrections when necessary
- Supervise the techniques of manufacturing (cooking, setting up...)
- To guarantee the quality of the products in connection with the procurement service
- Supervise the kitchen and give the necessary instructions
- Train kitchen staff
- To carry out audits and internal controls (food test) to ensure the good implementation of the menus (products, paper...)
- Follow the costs generated by the creation of recipes and products used
- Prepare client presentations
The tasks described above are likely to evolve and be modified according to operational needs and regulatory changes.
- Previous experience as a chef is compulsory
- Previous experience in Indian Food is COMPULSORY
- Knowledge of food safety is a MUST
- Experience in catering and or hospitality is preferred
- Proven experience and ability to manage people, processes, and technology whilst managing operational, organisational and financial elements
- Good verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Demonstrated success managing a team
- Strategic thinker and strong analytical skills
How to Apply:
• Send RESUME to : firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information :
Full name, email address, phone number, postal address (mention job opportunity reference : YYZ – CHEF_INDIAN FOOD )
PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY APPLICATION WITHOUT A RESUME WILL BE DISREGARDED.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES WHO ARE ALREADY IN CANADA WITH A VALID DOCUMENT TO WORK.
Number of available positions: 2
Type of contract: Full time
Successful candidates will be required to provide photo ID, banking details and valid SIN for hiring process.
Apply today and be a part of our team, delivering exceptional catering services and food products to top–notch airlines all around the world!
NEWREST Catering Unlimited.