Newrest are looking for Drivers to join our enthusiastic team at London City. You will be supporting the operation and be expected to provide excellent standards of service at all times. Candidates must be flexible and work given shift patterns, which will be variety, five days of earlies, middays and lates and three rest days. In return will receive a competitive salary plus excellent benefits such as our company pension plan, free parking on site, 28 days paid annual leave including bank holidays, excellent training and development opportunities, meals on duty, valeted uniform and many more.
- Check your vehicle prior to use at start of shift as standard security protocol.
- Report any vehicle defects and / or damage to team leader.
- Ensure vehicle is security checked and sealed by authorised person before departing to the airport with specified documentation.
- Load and unload catering on and off the truck and aircraft in a safe and timely manner and in accordance with airport safety rules, airline requirements and Company Safety procedures.
- Load aircraft as per the galley plans and adhering to company policies.
- Drive to the aircraft adhering to DVLA, local and airport rules and or law.
- Drive on to aircraft as per your training, ensuring you do not deviate from it at any point.
- Hand over to crew ensuring security paperwork is handed over to crew and the delivery note is signed.
- Return catering to the unit and ensure it is offloaded into the relevant department.
- Ensure Tacho is used correctly for every trip.
- Operating high loader vehicle following training and health and safety procedures.
- Delivering and collecting from various destinations in the UK when requested.
- Report any incidents to your line manager.
- Ensure correct uniform and relevant PPE is worn at all times whilst on shift.
- Ensure vehicles are kept clean and tidy.
- Refuelling vehicles as and when required.
- Minor maintenance of vehicles i.e. top-up screen wash.
- Any other duties as requested by your manager.
- Working as part of a team with members of all departments.
- Be an effective ambassador for Newrest at all times and whilst wearing uniform off duty.
- Must hold a current UK driving license (with no more than 6 points).
- Must hold a current Class C licence, CPC qualification and digital tachograph.
- Minimum 5 years’ driving experience.
- Good team work skills.
- Excellent communication skills, with a customer centred approach to service delivery.
- Operational awareness, understand of HACCP, COSHH, DVLA requirements and any other vehicle requirements as specified by your manager.
- Self-motivation, commitment and enthusiasm and the ability to work calmly under pressure.
CONTRACT: Permanent Full time, ASAP
LOCATION: London City
SALARY: £11.50 per hour
With origins in Group Catair in 1996, and founded by its Co-CEO’s Olivier Sadran and Jonathan Stent-Torriani, Newrest is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments including airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail.
With 2017 revenues under management of almost 1.8 Billion Euros Newrest employs more than 30,800 employees world-wide in 49 countries.
Newrest is committed to constant improvement and innovation for its clients, the well-being and progress of its employees and managers, a sustainable and durable development of the company, and total respect of social and environmental values in all of its activities.