Newrest is looking for a Driver for its Raleigh-Durham unit. This individual will load food carts on the truck, drive the truck to the airport, and unload the food directly on to the plane. This will require making a few trips every day from our manufacturing facility to the airport. PM position available. WEEKENDS REQUIRED.
- Load and unload of all equipment on a truck
- Check the conformity of the amount of trolleys and cabinets to be delivered before loading
- Fill pre-trip inspection book & perform mandatory safety checks of the vehicle for each shift
- Ensure loading the products into vehicles according to plan galley
- Ensure on time delivery of all items for each flight
- Communicate by radio to supervisors and dispatchers
- Drive a heavy vehicle respecting traffic regulations (road and track)
- Secure all products before delivery to the aircraft by sealing material (truck)
- Ensure compliance of loading according to the procedures in place
- Ensure cleaning of the vehicle and the area around the dock after each shift
- Fill various security documents (certificate ...), safety and HACCP
- Train new drivers
- Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
- Observe the proper use of equipment
- Follow all procedures for health, safety and security
- Maintain clean working area, maintain clean loading docks, maintain clean equipment following rules
- Be diligent, punctual, and reliable
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must pass all required airport security clearance
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a safe and clean driving record
- Must be able to acquire a DOT Medical Card
- Must be able to read, write, and speak in English
- Prior experience in airline or aviation related industry is a plus
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) awareness is an asset, otherwise training will be provided
- Ability to handle pressure and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work mornings, evenings, weekends (depending on assigned shift), and work overtime when required
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work outdoors and varying temperatures and environments
- Experience on US airport tarmac strongly recommended
- Understand the rules of hygiene, safety and security
- Authorization to work in the USA for any employer
$14.00 per hour.
- Free lunch provided every day
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Maternity Leave
With origins in Group Catair in 1996 and founded by its Co-CEO’s Olivier Sadran and Jonathan Stent-Torriani, Newrest is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments including airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail.
With revenues under management of almost 1.9 Billion Euros in 2017-18 and 32,000 employees world-wide in 49 countries, Newrest is also the first largest ‘independent’ airline caterer world-wide.
At year end closing 2018 (September) Newrest is 94,58% management-owned, with its managers holding its capital (340 managers). The remaining capital is held by Private Equity Funds (3,5%) and Private Investors (1,92%).
Newrest is committed to constant improvement and innovation for its clients, the well-being and progress of its employees and managers, a sustainable and durable development of the company, and total respect of social and environmental values in all of its activities.