Newrest has an exciting opportunity available for a Construction Project Manager. This individual will be responsible for project planning, bid documentation, contractor selection, budgeting, scheduling, contract management and consultant/vendor management to meet delivery requirements construction projects. The role will provide day-to-day oversight and direction as the owner's representative necessary to ensure project success.
- Manage construction projects from the bidding stage to the close-out (final payment).
- Responsible for the accuracy of project budget and schedule, including purchase orders, pay applications, change orders, owner furnished items and project closeout.
- Negotiate with subcontractors and vendors to ensure timely and quality delivery of product and service.
- Assist with project planning and chartering, including responsibility for preliminary budget and schedule information.
- Provide support to secure project entitlements, permits and other required approvals with a knowledge of regulatory and code requirements for construction management.
- Prepare scope, bid documentation and evaluations to select subcontractors and negotiating contracts.
- Administer construction contracts.
- Build and maintain relations with governmental agencies / departments including planning staff, building and safety and other pertinent permitting departments.
- Research and interpret zoning codes, entitlements needed for project, entitlement time line and processing with the jurisdictions
- Provide project updates and reporting in a way that is clear, concise, and easy for others to understand.
- Conduct construction meetings and presentations.
- Make decisions independently and collaboratively to solve problems and technical issues as they arise.
- Participate in review of construction practices to look for innovative materials or means and methods to lower project costs.
- Bachelors in Construction, Architectural Management, Engineering or related field strongly preferred
- 5-7 years’ experience in construction project management
- Demonstrated ability to establish and build rapport and good working relationships with management, vendors, and clients
- Ability to negotiate effectively with win-win approach.
- Ability to meet deadlines by overcoming obstacles.
- Ability to communicate highly technical problems clearly and concisely for others to understand and interpret.
- Ability to read construction and architectural drawings and specifications.
- Ability to identify risks to a project and proactively resolve them.
- Reliable team player with a strong work ethic and a "can-do" attitude
- Detail-oriented, organized, reliable, highly productive, and efficient
We offer competitive compensation and the defined benefits package below:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance premium
- 100% employer-paid for basic life insurance
- Paid company holidays
- 401(k) match
- Paid parental leave
- Free company lunch daily
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel. The employee must also occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The temperature of the environment may fluctuate drastically from very cold to very warm temperatures. The noise level may range from moderate to very loud.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
With origins in Group Catair in 1996 and founded by its Co-CEO’s Olivier Sadran and Jonathan Stent-Torriani, Newrest is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments including airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail.
With revenues under management of almost 1.9 Billion Euros in 2017-18 and 32,000 employees world-wide in 49 countries, Newrest is also the first largest ‘independent’ airline caterer world-wide.
Newrest is committed to constant improvement and innovation for its clients, the well-being and progress of its employees and managers, a sustainable and durable development of the company, and total respect of social and environmental values in all of its activities.