Newrest SLC LLC is looking for a General Worker to add to our Production team. This individual will perform a variety of possible tasks that involve everything with food preparation, such as preparing and setting up the airline trays with all necessary items. . The environment will be within cold temperatures to ensure the food items stay fresh.
- Load carts and trolleys with platters, dishes, utensils, and containers.
- Collect serving trays and dispose plates in trays by following the instructions and guidelines.
- When loading trays into the trolleys, ensure they are placed appropriately within the frame of the rack.
- Assist in setting up and packaging special meals and ingredients.
- Complete defined packaging schedule as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Edit and organize labels outside and inside for the scheduled production of the day.
- Perform proper food packaging and storing based on safety requirements and customer’s instructions.
- Tag every rack, tray, and trolley according to company’s standards and processes.
- Ensure that left-over ingredients and packaging material are properly labelled and returned in the dry storage, cooler or packaging material storage.
- Follow all process control documentation.
- Bring trays and packaging material from the warehouse and waiting area.
- Ensure proper and timely recording of activities.
- Report any unsanitary practice and/or unsafe condition.
- Make sure trolleys are properly identified, secured and moved away from chemicals and hazardous substances.
- Follow all food safety, health and safety, company rules and standards.
- Regular and timely attendance is expected for the position.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be comfortable working in a cold environment
- Must be able to pass background check and pre-employment drug test
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Sign-on Bonus
- Free company breakfast and lunch every day
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Accrual Based PTO
- Maternity Leave
Newrest is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments including airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail. With revenues under management of almost 1.9 Billion Euros in 2017-18 and 32,000 employees world-wide in 49 countries, Newrest is also the first largest ‘independent’ airline caterer world-wide.
Newrest is committed to constant improvement and innovation for its clients, the well-being and progress of its employees and managers, a sustainable and durable development of the company, and total respect of social and environmental values in all its activities