Newrest, a specialist in out-of-home food service, is a global leader in multi-sector catering. The Group, which reported assets under management of M€2,001.3 in 2018/19, employs 34,900 people in 58 countries.
Newrest Canada focuses on the Inflight Catering segment and managed, years after years, to develop a know-how and a clear professionalism towards its customers.
Implemented for more than 10 years in Canada, the company undergoes an unprecedented growth.
Newrest Canada is currently seeking a Cook to join the Canadian Head Office. You are an integral member of the Hot Kitchen team, providing exceptional service support to the catering department and our distinguished clients all over Canada.
- Lead the Halal and Non-Halal kitchen team: hiring, coaching, terminating, disciplining, mentoring team appropriately
- Schedule time for training new joiners and refresh knowledge of all employees
- Assist Top Management in managing overall labor cost budget
- Assist the Executive Chef in food choices, client presentations and menu design
- Place orders with supply department as required to ensure ingredients are ready for kitchen production
- Operate monthly equipment inventory in the Kitchen and report equipment needing replacement or maintenance
- Check stock on hand and prep levels daily, ensuring high quality of food, as well as, executing as per specifications
- Control, verify, taste meals prepared by the team for clients and employee’s lunch break, to ensure expected flavours and quality standards are met
- Ensure timely delivery of high-quality menu items, placing strong emphasis on doing things right
- Schedule hourly, daily, and weekly tasks to capable individuals
- Monitor all food safety and food handling activities for this location on an ongoing basis
- Execute recipes, cook, and produce dishes in a timely fashion
- Work in the production line (if need be or team members are missing) to meet requirements
- Must have passion for culinary and service excellence
- Must be creative, use your critical thinking
- The ability to handle pressure in fast paced environment is critical
- Must have prior experience as Cook / Chef in a Restaurant or Catering business
- Knowledge of Turkish food, Italian food, Indian food and/or Middle Eastern food is an asset
- Education is culinary arts/ hospitality management is preferred but not mandatory
- Ability to stand long periods
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent English
- Good knowledge of HACCP is an asset (training will be provided otherwise)
- Ability to work on weekends, ability to work on evenings.
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS FROM OUTSIDE OF CANADA WILL BE DISREGARDED.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES WHO ARE ALREADY IN CANADA WITH A VALID DOCUMENT TO WORK.
Salary Range: $43,000-$45,000 depending on experience.
The position is based in Mississauga, near Pearson Airport. This site is served by a MiWay and 24/7 Brampton transit bus line, but a personal vehicle is recommended to facilitate the daily commute.