The Deputy Dishwash Manager is responsible for ensuring that their area of work is completed timely with high quality for its assigned area. They do this by working with others and coordinating the employees’ efforts, along with doing part of the work themselves. This individual will be working alongside dishwash workers and help with maintain the process flow, quality, and other operational and personnel processes.
- Assist the Dishwash Manager in ensuring that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed and directed;
- Conduct work station inspections to verify compliance (USDA, HACCP, OSHA, etc.);Comply with the Dishwash standards, efficiency, waste, overweight, etc.;
- Promote and maintain teamwork among employees.
- Assist the Dishwash Manager in conducting Safety / Production meetings for subordinates
- Operate pot-cutlery washing machines / dish washing equipment in a safe manner
- Prepare the trays, china, forks, knives, glasses, napkins and various other containers for production
- Maintain clean, sanitary stock of dishes and utensils required by other departments
- Load dishes and runs dishes through cycle, respecting instructions
- Unload and stack dishes/cutlery in appropriate storage area
- Dispose clean dishes and utensils to proper areas as needed for other departments
- Maintain clean, sanitary work area, safe storage of dish carts and related supplies
- Follow established guidelines, food safety, health & safety policies and procedures
- Keep accurate records of cleaning performed
- General dish area maintenance including sweeping, mopping, organization and garbage
- Follow all food safety, health and safety, company rules and standards.
- Regular and timely attendance is expected for the position.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar position, preferably in food production
- Knowledge of international cooking, production presentation, menus redaction, processes set up and monitoring, staff training
- Good knowledge of HACCP & food safety standards
- Aptitude in showing self-initiative and follow-through
- Detail-oriented and ability to see high picture
- Free company breakfast and lunch every day
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Accrual Based PTO
- Maternity Leave
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel. The employee must also occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The temperature of the environment may fluctuate drastically from very cold to very warm temperatures. The noise level may range from moderate to very loud.
Newrest is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments including airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail. With revenues under management of almost 1.9 Billion Euros in 2017-18 and 32,000 employees world-wide in 49 countries, Newrest is also the first largest ‘independent’ airline caterer world-wide.