Newrest is looking for an experienced Accounting Clerk who will be responsible for accounting responsibilities for all units in the United States. The Accounting Clerk is responsible for daily, weekly, and monthly accounting processes including but not limited to: payroll previewing and payroll taxes, general ledger maintenance and account reconciliations, assistance with yearly audit, and provide backup and support to the other accounting team members. The work involves data entry, the maintenance of various account records, and routine problem-solving. The individual in this position must be able to exercise discretion and use independent judgment in the performance of all daily tasks.
WE ARE ONLY CONSIDERING CANDIDATES CURRENTLY LIVING IN THE ATLANTA METROPOLITAN AREA
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting field required.
- Balance multiple projects and prioritize;
- Manage and maintain communication and good working relationships with all internal customers;
- Validate payroll accounting in coordination with the HR department;
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls, verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements;
- Optimize use of financial reporting systems; actively seek opportunities for continuous improvement leading to clarity and simplification in processes;
- Conduct bank reconciliations, petty cash reconciliations, and intercompany reconciliations;
- Verify supplier invoices with all supporting mechanism and validate for payment;
- Follow up of collection and allocation of payments received from clients against invoices outstanding;
- Responsible for timely transfer of expenditures between funds, cost allocations and other schedules;
- Assist with quarterly and annual audits
- Perform other month and year-end responsibilities, and support special projects as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer/Finance Director.
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balance
- Charge expenses to accounts, analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries
- Pay vendors and suppliers, scheduling and preparing checks
- Process employees and managers expense report and ensures expense report compliance
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Maintain historical records, filing documents
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Accomplish accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Process e-bills and respond to e-billing inquiries
- Coordinate with other departments to address questions/problems related to billing processes
- Complete other projects or assignments as required by circumstance or as directed by the CFO.
- Regular, timely, and predictable attendance is required for this position.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
STARTING DATE: ASAP
LOCATION: Position located in 1500 M H Jackson Service Rd, Atlanta, GA 30354
- Free company meals every day
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Parental Leave
Newrest is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments including airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail. With revenues under management of almost 1.9 Billion Euros in 2017-18 and 32,000 employees world-wide in 49 countries, Newrest is also the first largest ‘independent’ airline caterer world-wide.
Newrest is committed to constant improvement and innovation for its clients, the well-being and progress of its employees and managers, a sustainable and durable development of the company, and total respect of social and environmental values in all its activities