On April, 2nd and 3rd, 2019 took place the seminar "IJA BWËTI - The future of food in New Caledonia" organized by the Federation of Industries in New Caledonia.
The objective of this seminar was to bring together the various actors of the social, economic, trade union, citizen and political world, in order to meet this ambition:
“Between tradition and innovation, let’s build the food industry we dream of for New Caledonia”.
15 high-impact projects emerged from this reflection, which took place along 5 axes:
- Axis 1: Nutritional and sanitary quality
- Axis 2: Social and cultural sharing
- Axis 3: Recognition of each of the actors in the sector
- Axis 4: Respect for sustainable development
- Axis 5: Sustaining public policies
The participation of the Newrest teams in New Caledonia was noticed and fruitful since 2 of their 4 projects were selected by the hundred or so participants.