Newrest Peru receives the distinction of Socially Responsible Company
Newrest Peru has successfully passed the Peru Sostenible audit which rewards socially responsible companies in the country.
Each year, the organization Peru Sostenible awards the ESR (Socially Responsible Company) prize by evaluating Peruvian companies that implement sustainability actions and programs in their activities. During an annual audit, 115 indicators related to governance, environment, work with communities, ethics and diversity are measured.
This is the only CSR certification in Peru, currently held by 46 companies and Newrest is one of them. The group is proud to be able to take its CSR commitments around the world and have them highlighted.
Newrest’s strengths in Peru :
- Growing the local Andean population through employment
- Training teams
- Promote Newrest’s relationships with local associations to promote employment (inclusion)
- Strengthen relationships with universities
- Develop local suppliers for fruit and vegetables in the Andean zone
- Encourage gender equality
- Ensuring ethics and transparency in purchasing and call for tenders’ processes
Similarly, the Newrest Peru team recently received the Covid Time Work Insertion award from the Cuzco region. This award recognizes the management of full employment during the Covid-19 global crisis.